August 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Dart,Pepper,Hulky and Boots

This post is about a month late so I apologize. 


July 20th I threw a party…..and it wasn’t just ANY party. It was a party to celebrate Dart,Hulk,Pepper and Boots 1st birthday! You got it I through my grand puppies a birthday party. Yes I know to some this may be crazy and a waste of time but to me and other doggie lovers this is something we do……..PLUS Lily had a pretty traumatic delivery, she was able to deliver one on her own (which I was there to cut the umbilical cord) but she had to have a C-Section to remove the other little guys and of course I was a mess!!!So to prepare for the big day I made a cake……a whole wheat peanut butter carrot cake which they LOVED!! 

Milky Bones with peanut butter yogurt w/ sprinkles


Peanut butter carrot cake w/ yogurt frosting ....that's not chocolate just food coloring
Dart and Hulk enjoying their cake

Peanut Butter Doggy Cake

1 cup WHOLE WHEAT flour (don’t use white flour it will hurt our little ones tummy)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
Mix those two together, put aside
In another bowl combine:
1 egg
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
Then combine all together w/ the wet mixture……………..it will NOT be the same consistency of regular cake mixture but you can eat it.
Oven at 350 for 40 minutes
Depending on the size of your cake pan you may want to double this recipe, I had to. 

Frosting

I used a large container of Vanilla Yogurt…you can you plain yogurt but my furkids LOVED the sweetness of the vanilla………mix about ¾ of a cup of peanut butter with it …this will keep the yogurt from sliding all over the place…….put in the fridge while the cake cools.
Just remember this isn’t like regular frosting…..it is a pain to work with but the end result is priceless. Seeing your furkids enjoy their treat makes you forget that you almost lost it a few minutes ago when you were working with the frosting!!! Hahahahahah
*** Just give them a little slice at a time…..just to see how they handle it…….refrigerate afterwards