May 06, 2011

Shoo fly don't bother me - Cubeville


There’s always one!! That one in the work place that just won’t mind their own business, the one that if you want the WHOLE office to know your business you tell them  and if you don’t you just make sure you are far away from THAT person when you are sharing your business with a fellow coworker. 

Our new office is designed to where everyone is in the same area. There is no special area to divide departments. We are just out in the open, small cubicles situated in 4 rows of 10 and with my luck the busy body is smack dab across from me!!  But since we are not in the same department I felt alright with her being so close… there wouldn’t be any sabotage of jobs like there was back in 2008 when I was in the same department as her and she was out to just get everyone.  

Imagine my shock earlier this week when I was just completing my call and she stopped me on the way to the printer to “talk about” how I handled my call. Seriously?? All I am thinking is “you are NOT my lead, you are NOT my supervisor….now step off”. I didn’t do anything wrong with my call, which I stated to her in a nice way. 

Today as I was finishing my notes pertaining to a call that I just had I get an email from the busy body apologizing for butting in but…….then she tells me how I could have dealt with that call to make the patient understand better. SERIOUSLY?? Twice in one week……STAY IN YOUR LANE !!!!  this was a good size email explaining certain ways I could have explained to the client to have him/her understand better.  I quickly exited the email and sat at my desk fuming. She has no idea about the call, she wasn’t part of the conversation and seriously….she’s not in my department.  

A coworker told me to kill her with kindness and reply “Thank you”. Maybe it’s the german and Mexican in me or the fact that I’m a Capricorn but I’m not about to kill anyone with kindness. I’m about minding your own business and if it doesn’t pertain to you then mind your own business. I guess I also feel strongly about this situation because this person just can’t leave people alone. I’ve seen her sabotage peoples positions because she just didn’t care for them and of course she’s done enough ass kissing that her say to the supervisors works!!! It’s sad!!!