April 04, 2011

A day in Santa Barbara County

Our date started at 5:30 in the morning and as much as I couldn’t wait to head out to Santa Barbara County I still wanted to stay all cozy in bed and hit the snooze button. I didn’t though…..and I proceeded to get my tail out of bed and into the shower, miraculously we were out of the house and on the road by 6:30am.

Our first stop was breakfast at Tre Lune` in Montecito where we meet up with my childhood friend, Dawn and conversed over a heavenly plate of French toast smothered in maple syrup topped with bananas, a tasty omelet stuffed with sausage, onions and peppers, and an egg white omelet with prosciutto and tomatoes. OHHH and I can’t forget about the bread……this was one of the reasons why we had to revisit this restaurant and it’s for their Kalamata olive sour dough bread, it’s seriously to die for!! 

So we  made sure our bellies were nice and full to prevent us from getting a bit buzzed too soon….and when I say “us” I mean ME!!  The last time we went wine tasting I only had a bowl of cereal and let me just say that didn’t prevent me from getting a little tipsy after the first winery that we went to. 



The mister and I continued on to wine country and decided early on that we would just stick to the Foxen Trail Wineries…there were ones that we were instantly impressed with and of course joined their wine club and then there are ones that were just not to our liking, but that never dampened our little wine adventure we just continued on…..even accidently driving onto the property of the owners of a vineyard, we realized a few minutes later that we weren’t at the correct place so we headed straight back out the electric gates…..and that’s when we saw the sign “wine tasting 1.8 miles”.




Later that evening we decided to venture into Solvang for a place to have dinner although nothing really seemed appetizing we saw a venue that catered to wine lovers and animal lovers…..so I didn’t think twice and we headed inside. I really enjoyed Carivintas Winery , their bottles are labeled with dogs and cats that they have rescued through “Best friends animal society”, The HSUS, and many local animal shelters throughout the county and what really blew my mind is that a portion of their profits are donated to these groups every year….ohh it’s pet friendly too!! 



Needless to say our day in wine county was filled with laughter , great wine and beautiful scenery!!