March 30, 2011

You stole what!?! Spill it! (writing prompt 4)



OK, I admit it…..I did it, but I couldn’t resist this colorful box!!  While I was contemplating my plan to make this box my own I could only imagine what amazing creations I could do with what was inside this box.  I looked down the aisle…..no one so I grabbed the box of Crayola crayons and stuffed it into my purse. 

Now mind you, I didn’t go for the tiny 8 pack. I went for the box of 24!!! Maybe it was the added on sharpener in the back of the box that sold me but I was going to go big!!  After I concealed my treasure, I ran back to my mother and continued our grocery shopping trip.

When we got home I quickly went to my room and took out MY box of crayons, opened them up and was just amazed at all the in tacked crayons because the crayons in my crayon box were broken, wrappers taken off or just plain…………..used.  As I was in the middle of creating a crayon masterpiece my mother came in looked at the box of crayons and asked “where did you get those?”. Crap, I didn’t plan out an alibi at all………..so the only thing my 7yr old pony tailed self could come up with is that it was a party favor from a party we had at school for someone’s birthday. Now, maybe if I would have thrown in a name, yeah that would probably end up believable…but she wasn’t buying it. So she brought me to the kitchen table with evidence in tow and had my father  do the interrogation. Geez, you would have thought he would have gone a little easy on me considering I was only 7 yrs old and not some of his REAL criminals he arrested earlier that day,  but he got the truth out of me…..even my crocodile tears didn’t save me.

So I seriously thought that was it. I told the truth so give me back the crayons. No such luck!! My mom grabbed me and the stolen box of crayola crayons and took us back to the store where I had to confess my thievery to the manager. Yeah, I had to endure a lengthy talk about right and wrong all the while I thought  to myself  “dude you need to steal some gum your breath stinks”.  

I went home that night empty handed and was sent straight to my room……………grounded of course.

 So now that I confessed.....what did you steal?