March 12, 2011

DMV ----I have to take a ...what???


Yesterday I had to go to the DMV, imagine my surprise when I was told that I had to take a written test to replace my license. “Seriously?” I asked the obviously irritated DMV employee…she looked at me like she wasn’t in the mood and said “yes…here’s your test, just do side one…and come back when you are done”.  GREAT!! The last time I had to take this test was when I was 16 and ironically at the same place. So I grabbed my stupid test and headed to a counter.  “What if I fail?...how am I going to explain this one to my children and husband”….I tried to calm down and began to take the dang test.  I knew I should have gone with my first instinct and not analyze every question, but I was looking for that trick question.
I stepped back in line, test in hand and the fate of my license standing in front of me looking through her bi-focals.  She takes her red pen and the answer sheet and started going through the test…..1 wrong, 2 wrong, 3 wrong, ……..4 wrong. ….she looked up at me and said “you didn’t pass”………….WHAT!!!!! shit shit shit……then, she said “but you can take it again today, here’s a book, read up and then come back when you are ready.”
I looked at the red marked test and the questions I over thought were the ones I got wrong. So I took my seat and read the stupid DMV handbook. Not ready to take the test quite yet I met the Mister and took him to work and then…..headed back to the DMV to take the test. Standing back in line, I grabbed my cell phone and instantly got yelled at “LADY LADY…you can’t use your cell while you are in line”….seriously what am I going to do?? I have no test in hand YET!!! ….whatever, I finally got to the front and received my test. I took a deep breath and headed into the test area……….geez, you could cut the tension with a knife in there.  There was even a man that was trying to peek at my answers “dude they give us different tests you dumbass” I wanted to say….but I didn’t want the security guard who was watching us to tell us that talking was an instant fail!!  I took my time, reread the test….said a zillion prayers and then went back in line.
The lady grabbed my test and looked it over……red pen in hand she started marking …..check, check …….check…..  3 wrong, you PASSED, sign here…… I signed that sheet so fast, thanked GOD and got out of there so fast!!!